Happy January

"Matisse's Flowers" Acrylic on 8 x 10 inches

Greetings all and Happy New Year.  Sorry for the long absence.  I'm afraid time rather slipped away from me through a busy holiday season and commissions.  I have so much to share with you and will try to stop in more regularly to catch up.

In December, I played with flowers.  I started with a study of a Matisse painting, just for fun (above).

The next two are of gorgeous bouquets, special to me, as they aged (you can see a photo of this first bouquet in my last post).  I hope to paint more of them in the future, I took dozens of photographs as they aged.  It might be the season, but I'm really struck right now by the deteriorating and decay in this in-between time in nature and in our memories as generations pass through.

"Memorial Bouquet" Acrylic on 8 x 10 inches

Detail of "Memorial Bouquet"

"Autumnal Remembrance" Acrylic on 9 x 12 inch canvas.
I will be back soon.  If you have an Instagram account you might join me there (elizabethbaumanart, or click on the link in the sidebar under "Links").  I find I'm fairly regular posting photographs there (more so than here I'm afraid), not just of my work but of things that inspire me too. 

Comments

Popular Posts