Response

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen this painting back in April.  I call it "Spring Ahead."  I started painting it shortly after the time change, which hit me particularly hard at the time.  Here is the painting:


An artist friend of mine, Kay Worthington, reached out to me and a lovely conversation took place resulting in her taking the piece and in return creating me this amazing quilt as a response piece:



Details:





I was so inspired by the process that I decided I would then make another painting in response to her quilt.  That piece is still underway and it has been really interesting deciding what to pull from her piece and bring forward into the next one and what new ideas I want to include.  I will share that once it is complete and who knows what might come next...?

Comments

Popular Posts