New Work

Lately, I've been trying a new way of working inspired by the pieces on paper from my April show.  I really enjoyed the quickness and simplicity of making those pieces.  Here's an example:

"Cup with Frond"

 So I've started making new pieces using the same quickness and simplicity, like this one:

"Float" Acrylic on 9 x 12 inch canvas

This one happens to be acrylic on canvas, but I've also been working in pencil and watercolor on paper and there are pieces hand-stitched in linen, something I haven't done for a little while.  While I like working on my more detailed pieces (and will still continue to work on those as well), these allow me to move more quickly with my ideas and that allows me the time to take them across many mediums.  I will share more of all of these in the next week and am hoping to have a shop update next Wednesday.  Another plus of the simpler, faster pieces is that I will be able to have them at lower prices than my detailed work, since they take less time, and I am very happy about that.

Comments

Popular Posts