Works on Paper

For my April show at Compass Gallery, I included some work on paper (I think 18 pieces in total).   I am excited to show these to you because they are hinting at a new direction I am taking my work for at least the next couple of months.  While touching on the same themes as the rest of the work in the show, I used the paper to explore looser brushstrokes, simplicity in form, and a limited use of color.  

I will have to wait to share what I am working on right now with these same concepts, but for now these are some of the pieces in the show.  All of these here are on 8 x 10 inch paper with the painted area (all acrylic) about 5 x 7 inches (easy to frame):


"Bowl with Twigs"



"Empty Chair"



"Dried Hydrangea Blossom"



"Green Cup and Eucalyptus"



"Cup with Frond"


This last photo shows "Cup with Frond" with its inspiration:







Comments

Popular Posts