Sunday, November 30, 2014

New Painting



"Aged 19, 1876"
Acrylic on 9 x 12 inch wood panel.

Hope you have all had a good couple of weeks.  Time is certainly slipping by right now, must be the holiday season.  I do have a new painting.  A grid painting, with two more in progress and I hope to share them soon as well.  This one, like many, was inspired by a vintage photograph, and the only information written on the photograph was "April 13 1876 Aged 19" and that was written twice.  I'm sorry to not have his name, but at least it wasn't blank like so many others.

In other news, recently there was a wonderful article written in our local paper about the new artist studios of which I am a part.  Just click here to read it.

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting said...

I love how you worked with the grid and the different flesh colors within each patch. Beautiful work.