Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mr. B's Roses

"Mr. B's Roses"

As you can see, I am back to grid painting and am even playing around with different mediums using the grid format.  This one is acrylic on an 8 x 10 inch wood panel.

"Mr. B's Roses" uses a painting I have in my home by Arthur Gibbes Burton and a vaseful of roses from my garden (I wish someone had a website for him so I could link you to it, but you can see more of his paintings here).  While I was interested primarily in painting a still life using the grid format, I really enjoyed using a piece of art I have in the background and have plans to do more of that in the future.  This one was particularly fun as Burton, or Mr. B as I grew up, was a boarder, then neighbor, and friend of my Dad's family.  My parents have more than a few of his pieces and I'm lucky enough to have this one residing over my fireplace:




"Mr. B's Roses" now available in my shop.

No comments: