Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Studio!

I have a new studio!  Located at Willamette Heritage Center, at Mission Mill, are a new group of artist studios and I was lucky enough to get one before they were all swiped up.  My room is a funny little triangle with nice high ceilings on one side, which accommodates an easel very nicely.  A few photos from the space...these were taken a couple of weeks ago and I was going to take some new ones, as things have shifted and filled up more, but autumn has decidedly set in here and it is too grey and gloomy at the moment.







The studios are on the second floor of one of the old buildings at the Mill.  Visitors to the studio would have to be by appointment as the main doors are kept locked.  However, on November 13th, from 5 to 7 p.m., we will be having open studios.  Most, if not all, of the artists will have their doors open (See those open spots on that first photo?  I hope to fill those, and a few more, with new paintings by the open house.  Nothing like a deadline...).  The open studios will be in conjunction with the opening of a new gallery on the first floor, Compass Gallery.

I also wanted to let you know that I have just added this painting to my Etsy shop:


"Peggy's Friend" which I've shared with you before.  I don't think I wrote much about her when I did the original post, but she is one from the series of photos I've done of Peggy's friends (a group of senior photos I purchased, from 1970, nearly all with messages to Peggy).  Unlike many of the others, this one did not have a message to Peggy on the back.  Just Peggy's name.  I think for awhile I thought this was Peggy until I realized she wrote that the photo should go to Peggy.  One of these days, I will have to try to find out who this Peggy was.

Not sure why it took me so long to get it in the shop, but finally done now.  Nothing like having it up on your studio wall to remind you.  I have a few more painting to share here over the next week.

2 comments:

Carole Reid said...

How exciting! I enjoyed seeing your work together on you studio walls. Happy creative days to you. xo Carole

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Carole! It was nice to get those pieces out of storage and up on the walls.