Monday, October 27, 2014

Mapping the Garden

Today I am sharing the second painting I have completed in a series I'm working on with my friend Bonnie Hull called "Mapping the Garden."  I mentioned in a previous post, we are creating a piece based on each of the four corners of our own gardens.

I previously shared a portion of this painting of the southeast corner:



This next one is the northeast corner:



I decided to follow the seasons around my yard.  The first one is spring; the second is summer.  I have to say the northwest corner is a challenge (that one will be autumn).  It lacks in inspiration and I have been moving slowly on it, but the final one for the southwest corner I already have in mind (rose hips in snow)... unless I change my mind, naturally.  It did just occur to me I should check out that troublesome section today as we have had some storms.  Perhaps there are some interesting fallen branches or the like to inspire me.  Will keep you posted.

No comments: