Friday, August 15, 2014

Project Space

My summer certainly seems to be going quickly and, as previous summer have gone, I am not finding as much time to work as I'd like.   At least I have learned to live with it, mostly.  I hope your summer is going well!

Next week I will be spending a few hours a day at Project Space in downtown Salem, Oregon, with my friend Bonnie Hull.  Having a busy summer schedule, but both still not wanting to miss the conversations of working at Project Space, we decided to work for a week together.  Each of us will bring a stitched piece and chairs.  If you are in the area, please stop in and chat with us.  We will be down there Tuesday through Friday (and maybe Saturday) from 11 - 2 p.m.  This year Project Space is in the Liberty Plaza at 285 Liberty, upstairs in a huge shop area.  Just head upstairs, I don't think you'll miss it.

For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Project Space (or PS if one gets tired of typing out the full name as I do) is coordinated each summer by the Salem Art Association.  A vacant building or large space is donated by the owners for use of the artists and some use it as a gallery, some as a studio, and some as a performance space.

Here is part of a painting I hope to have finished before Monday to display at PS:



It is using that grid work as before, this time with a bit of my garden in it.  Wasn't sure it was going to work for me, but it seems to be coming together in the end (not that you can tell here...).  Phew!  It is part of an ongoing collaboration with Bonnie, a sort of conversation and reaction between the two of us.

More on PS later...


No comments: