Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Paintings

Greetings!  Well, I am very happy to report that the Hobbit illustrations are complete.  Sadly, I cannot share them with you yet as my computer has moved to a new location and I am not hooked up to my scanner.   Soon I will be able to resume sharing my progress though, just as soon as possible.  Of course, while the illustrating is done I do still have a lot of work to finish that particular project.

In the meantime, a few new paintings to share.  These made their way today to the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery.  Extremely colorful, especially for my work, I think the grey winter had some affect on their outcome.  For each of these paintings, I picked a quote to inspire the piece and let that quote take me wherever it wanted.  These are the results:


"The necessity of dreams" Acrylic on 8 x 10 inch panel.

"Dreams are necessary to life." Anaïs Nin

___________________________________________________________



"Blaze your own trail"  Acrylic on 12 x 16 inch panel.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."  
Ralph Waldo Emerson

______________________________________________________________



"Three days with you"  Acrylic on 12 x 12 inch panel.

"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain." 
 John Keats written to Fanny Brawne

_______________________________________________________________

5 comments:

Buck said...

I really connected to the last painting. Thanks for sharing all of these!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much!

Carole said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! Such dedication is admirable. I'm eager to see the last illustrations in the series. Love these new works too.

annamaria said...

Bold paintings Elizabeth. I love the first portrait. Very powerfull;-)

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Carole! Thanks Annamaria, I had a lot of fun painting that gentleman with his beautiful mustache.