Monday, January 14, 2013

There and Back again, Pages 149 to 152

Yes, believe it or not, some Hobbit illustrations:


Page 149
Page 149: "'I dreamed I was walking in a forest rather like this one, only lit with torches on the trees and lamps swinging from the branches and fires burning on the ground..."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 150
Page 150: "They all looked, and a longish way off, it seemed, they saw a red twinkle in the dark; then another and another sprang out beside it."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 151
Page 151: "Somebody kicked the fire and it went up in rockets of glittering sparks and vanished."

Ink and acrylic gouache on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 152
Page 152: "They crept slowly towards them, in a single line, each touching the back of the one in front."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

I love that last one.  So funny, I am reading this book to my daughter right now (cause I can't seem to get enough of it I guess...) and we are right in this same part of the book.  Total coincidence too because I actually made these particular illustrations several months ago. 

2 comments:

Carole said...

How wonderful to be reading this to your daughter! Do/will you show her your version of the pages to her after you've read the book?

Elizabeth said...

Hi Carole, yes she sees all the illustrations and sometimes she remembers them when we are reading the book, which is so cool.