Saturday, January 12, 2013

More Paintings in my Shop

Greetings and happy Saturday.  So frosty and icy outside here today, it almost looks like a light cover of snow.

This morning I put 9 paintings into my shop.  They aren't new paintings, if you have followed this blog for awhile you have seen them before, but they are new to my Etsy Shop.  These are just a few of them:




To see the rest, stop in at my shop.  They are the first nine listed, at least for now.

On Tuesday, my daughter and my parents and I stopped in at the Hallie Ford Museum in Salem, Oregon, and were greeted by the arrival of a very large sculpture by Manuel Izquierdo.  There will be a massive exhibition of his work starting next weekend and if you live in the area I highly recommend visiting.  Manuel Izquierdo was not only a sculptor but also a print-maker and the museum will be decked out in his sculptures, prints, photographs of the artist, paintings of the artist, a wonderful looking book about the artist.... Sigh, I cannot wait.  My friend Bonnie posted some insider photos of the exhibition being set up on her blog (she has a good connection) allowing us a sneak peak into the cordoned off galleries.  The first one shows that very sculpture I mentioned being wheeled in and you'll happen to see my daughter standing off to the side watching and perhaps you'll just make me out as well...in silhouette only (you have to look closely to see us).

This afternoon I'm off to the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery to drop off my painting for the February show.  I'll share more about that later.  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Happy New Year to you Elizabeth!
It's such a pleasure visiting your blog and seeing what you've been up to. Great paintings!

artslice said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I just wanted to tell you I love your work! I used to live in Portland (went to art school at PSU) and have visited the fabulous Mary lou Zeek gallery in Salem. What a great place.

Keep on painting those lovely pieces.

~Brenda

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Carole!

Thank you artslice! And I'm so glad you got to see the gallery, it is a good one!