Monday, January 28, 2013

"Home" A Group Show

Happy Monday.  I will have a painting in a group show at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, Oregon, starting next week.  The show is called "Home" and will feature the work of about 25 artists invited to participate.

Each of the artists were asked to make a piece that is some how reminiscent of their childhood home.  The show will run from February 5th to March 2nd, and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Habitat for Humanity.  Here is the piece I submitted:

"Outside my window"
"Outside My Window" is in acrylic on a 9 x 12 inch panel.  I struggled a long time to come up with an idea for my piece and in the end it just had to include the cat who lived with us from when I was about 11 years old until my twenties.  Amber (also called Boo Boo Kitty by me, don't ask me why) adopted us and was the sweetest cat you have ever met.  Known for picking out the one non-cat person in the room to sit on as well as drooling while content, Amber was an exceptional being.  He used to scratch at my window to be let in at night, despite the window being on the second floor, hence the inspiration for this piece though I tried to capture more than just the cat outside the window.  Think of him in this piece as more the gatekeeper.

Here's a detail:

detail

 Hope you stop in to the gallery if you live in the area, it should be a great show.

2 comments: