Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo!


Unless you have heard of it before, I'm sure you are scratching your head at my post title.  NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and November is the month.  Each person who signs up attempts to write a 50,000 word (or more) novel by the end of the month.  And yes, I'm going to do it.  Are you?

Inspired and encouraged by my dear friend Vivienne who is also participating, we are hoping for strength in numbers I think.  So art will take a bit of a back seat for me this coming month BUT I do have a few paintings I need to get finished so not to fear, there will still be art showing up around here.  Also, as I mentioned in my last post, I am behind in Hobbit posts.  So, while I don't plan to do much on my Hobbit project this month (which if you have been following you will know I had hoped to finish it in November, but I'm thinking it will like more be sometime closer to the end of January.  Shocking!  But, I started it at the end of last January and it feels ok to me to drag it out to a full year.), I will still have plenty of posting of illustrations to come.  I am close to 50 behind, in fact.  Oops! :)

By the way, I have a new Twitter address.  I have had two Twitter accounts, one for art, one for reading and whatever.  I have decided to combine the two and sorry if you don't like tweets about what I'm reading but I don't Twitter much anyway so I doubt you will mind?  So if you just follow my art Twitter you will want to move your following over to the new one.  Hope that all made sense.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Wow, that's some challenge you are embarking on, Elizabeth! Have fun!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Carole!