Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Paintings

I seemed to have been stockpiling my paintings over the last few months.  So let me get right to sharing all this work, finally, with you.  The link on each painting will take you to the Etsy shop listing.

Starting with some new little portraits:


Oliver Balkaner, acrylic on 5 x 7 inch wood panel.  

The last name was chosen because my daughter thought it should begin with a "b" because he likes books.  Totally made up of course.


Little Miss, acrylic on 3 x 5 inch wood panel.  


Maribeth, acrylic on 5 x 7 inch wood panel.


Olive Little, acrylic on 4 x 4 inch wood panel.

And this new abstract:


An abstract of how I start my day, acrylic on 10 x 10 inch wood panel.

And finally some somewhat abstract paintings inspired by the flowers of spring and summer:


Rhododendron abstract, acrylic on 16 x 16 inch wood panel.


I want to show you something: Alex's Leaves, acrylic on 10 x 10 inch panel.

Had to name it that, not a day goes by without a "Mom, I want to show you something...".  She was collecting these leaves earlier in the summer from the dogwood tree.  They were green to yellow with red in the middle (hope that is not a bad sign for the tree), but I ended up going all red.


White rose abstract, acrylic on 6 x 6 inch panel.


White iris abstract, acrylic on 6 x 8 inch panel.


Spring Flowers, summer storm, acrylic on 12 x 12 inch panel.

That is all of them.  You can see I was playing around with some different ideas over the summer.  I hope to be back in a couple of days with, you guessed it, more Hobbit illustrations.  Have a good rest of your week!

5 comments:

annamaria said...

They are all very lovely Elizabeth. I am particularly fond of Oliver,the portrait just seems to work so beautifully.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

I agree. They are all lovely. I love the abstracted Rhododendron. Cheers!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you both!

vivienne strauss said...

What a gorgeous collection of work! I've always loved your portraits but am REALLY drawn to these recent abstracts, most especially Iris and Spring Flowers, summer storm.

You've been very busy!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Vivienne! I was especially pleased with the Spring flowers, summer storm so I'm so glad you like it!