Friday, July 27, 2012

There and Back again, Page 96 to 100

Since I am now right around 152 illustrations (halfway done!), I should really post here a little more often since it seems I'm about 50 behind.

I promised some photos of Project Space and one of these days I will put them on here I swear!  I'm having a great time working down there, conversing with the other artists, but my time is nearly done.  I plan to pack up my little area the week after next so I can have some proper summer time with my daughter before school starts.

Now, onto the illustrations:

From: There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit

Page 96

Page 96: "He nibbled a bit of sorrel, and he drank from a small mountain-stream that crossed the path, and he ate three wild strawberries that he found on its bank, but it was not much good."

Acrylic gouache and ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 97

Page 97: "Already the shadows were deepening about them..."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 98

Page 98: "All of a sudden they heard a howl away down hill, a long shuddering howl.  It was answered by another away to the right and a good deal nearer to them; then by another not far away to the left."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 99

Page 99: "You would have laughed (from a safe distance), if you had seen the dwarves sitting up in the trees with their beards dangling down..."

Watercolor, ink, and colored pencil on 6 x 8 inch paper.


Page 100

Page 100: "In a minute there was a whole pack of them yelping all around the tree and leaping up at the trunk, with eyes blazing and tongues hanging out."

(Describing wolves.)

Ink and colored pencil on 6 x 8 inch paper.

No comments: