Sunday, June 24, 2012

There and Back again, Pages 76 to 80

Hello all.  Just as we were getting ready to go strawberry picking, the weather has turned on us yet again.  I was willing to brave the rain but it seems the farms aren't interested in having pickers in the wet.  Sigh.  Hopefully later in the week?  They are promising some more sun and I really want to fill up my freezer.

It was a good first week down at Project Space.  If you live in the area be sure to stop in sometime because there are many interesting things going on down there.  Some are still setting up, but as the official "opening" is this coming Friday I expect it will be all set by then.  I'll try to remember my camera this week so I can share with you some photos of the space.

In the meantime...

From: There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit
Page 76

Page 76: "'The answer's not a kettle boiling over, as you seem to think from the noise you are making.'"

Acrylic gouache on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 77

Page 77: "He began to get frightened, and that is bad for thinking."

Acrylic gouache and ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 78

Page 78: "'Give me more time! Give me more time' But all that came out with a sudden squeal was: 'Time! Time!'"

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 79

Page 79: "He thought of all the things he kept in his own pockets: fishbones, goblins' teeth, wet shells a bit of bat-wing, a sharp stone to sharpen his fangs on, and other nasty things."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 80

Page 80: "Gollum did mean to come back.  He was angry now and hungry.  And he was a miserable wicked creature, and already he had a plan."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.


No comments: