Wednesday, June 13, 2012

There and Back again, Pages 71 to 73

With Project Space just a couple of days away, I'm working hard to catch up on getting all my previous illustrations ready as well as prepping paper and supplies (did I mention here I'll be participating in that again this year?).  I'll be working on my Hobbit project down there for more than a month this summer (starting mostly next week and probably through the first week or so of August).  I'm a little uncertain as to how I want to display work down there but I'm hoping it will come to me as I get things settled in.  Mostly, I plan to show some of the Hobbit illustrations, but I'm thinking about some other paintings too.  In particular, a new batch I've been working on that have been quite influenced by my Hobbit project.

More about all that later, for now onto some more illustrations.

From: There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit

Page 71

Page 71: "He was Gollum - as dark as darkness, except for two big round pale eyes in his thin face."

Acrylic gouache on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 72


Page 72: "The Hobbit jumped nearly out of his skin when the hiss came in his ears..."

Acrylic gouache and ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 73


Page 73: "...before he lost all his friends and was driven away, alone, and crept down, down, down into the dark under the mountains."

Ink and colored pencil on 6 x 8 inch paper.

2 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Gollum is wonderfully frightening!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Julie. I find him one of the most disturbing fictional characters of all time and so therefore I definitely had to include him in the illustrations. :)