Monday, May 14, 2012

There and Back again, Pages 57 to 60


I'm incredibly behind on posting my little illustrations and am determined to get caught up (well, slowly and over time).  You might notice I've stopped noting the page number on the front of the illustrations.  I was growing increasingly dissatisfied looking at each page with the page number on it and although I hate to change something so obvious to the series at this point I decided why not.  So now, no page numbers.  For now, anyway, I can always go back and put them on later.

From: There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit

Page 57

Page 57: "The lightening splinters on the peaks and rocks shiver..."

Acrylic gouache and ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 58

Page 58: "You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after."

Ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 59

Page 59: "He dreamed that a crack in the wall at the back of the cave got bigger and bigger, and opened wider and wider..."

Acrylic gouache and ink on 6 x 8 inch paper.

Page 60

Page 60: "He wished again and again for his nice bright hobbit hole.  Not for the last time."

Acrylic gouache, ink, and colored pencil on 6 x 8 inch paper.

2 comments:

Bonnie Hull said...

these totally knock me out. totally.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Bonnie! :) I'm so happy you like them. If you liked this batch, hopefully you'll like the next 20 or so waiting to post (or is it 30?) as they continue along much like these.