Friday, May 11, 2012

Show

I'm so excited to share that these two paintings were accepted into a juried show at Bush Barn Art Center in Salem, Oregon:


"The odd things that spark a memory" 
Watercolor, ink, and pencil on 18 x 24 inch paper.


"The threads which bind"
Watercolor and ink on paper.


The show is Radius 25, the theme was "Face to Face", and features artists living within a 25-mile radius of Salem, Oregon.  It opens today and runs through June 23rd.  (Click on the images to see them larger and on the lower one you'll see the dozens and dozens of lines I drew in ink.)  It is always a fascinating show and if you go you'll see that these two paintings are much brighter in person (something I need to work on for sharing digitally).  They are also the first paintings I've had framed myself which was a fun process.  I chose to have them floating in a wood frame and I think they turned out great.  I'll try to take photos at the gallery to share later.

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Carole said...

Congratulations! VEry exciting news!
I highlighted your blog on my blog today. Happy Mother's Day to you too.