Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Painting

"In the footsteps"
It probably seems like all I'm working on these days are Hobbit illustrations, but I really am working on other things too.  I finished this one recently and have a couple more to share with you soon.  This one is called "In the footsteps" and is watercolor, ink, and pencil on 18 x 24 inch paper.  I had a lot of fun working on the inked "textile" areas (I think you can click on the image to see it better, it is the little crisscrossed lines) and you will be seeing more of that soon.  I can't seem to get enough of it.  I'm even thinking of a few paintings with just that over some watercolor.

This week I'm taking a week off from production, so to speak, to study and think about what is next.  I'm playing with ideas for sculpture, we'll see where that goes but I suspect it is already influencing my 2-D work.

I'll be back soon with some Hobbit stuff.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Elizabeth, I keep coming back to this posting wanting to say something but the words aren't coming!
Maybe I'm just supposed to enjoy "In the Footsteps"

Have a good week off. I hope you figure out what's next. I'm excited to see.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Carole! I'm really having to hold myself back from working, I have so many ideas right now. But I'm determined to study some more first. Can't wait for next week though!

vivienne strauss said...

Just Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Vivienne! :)