Friday, February 3, 2012

There and Back again, Page 10

Page 10

From -  There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit

Page 10 - " 'Now we are all here!' said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods - the best detachable party hoods - and his own hat hanging on the pegs."   

Watercolor and ink on paper.


Yesterday I went to my local art supply store and purchased something I haven't used I think since college (many years ago): ink and what I think is called a dip pen.  And I sat down determined to push through that block I mentioned yesterday and I think I succeeded or at least I'm anxious to get to more of them now.  Loved working with the ink and you can expect to see much more with it.  This particular illustration was a bit difficult for me only because there are so many colors in it.  I normally do not use more than 3 or 4 colors in a piece (or at least variations of those 3 or 4 colors).  Limited color palette is my preference, but it was unavoidable if I wanted to accurately represent all those dwarf hoods.


Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Carole said...

I had to laugh at the hat hanging on the peg beside the tiny hoods! I think your block was beaten!

Elizabeth said...

I think you are right, though who knows when there will be another one.