Thursday, January 26, 2012

There and Back again, Page 6

Page 6



From -  There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit

Page 6 - " 'I give it you.  In fact, I will go so far as to send you on this adventure.  Very amusing for me, very good for you - and profitable too, very likely, if you ever get over it.' "   

Acrylic gouache, colored pencil, collage, and pen on paper.


That quote is Gandalf talking to Bilbo, in case you were curious.  Poor Bilbo, he has no idea what Gandalf is getting him into.  Half the fun of this project is reading the book, one page at a time.  

3 comments:

Carole said...

My sweet husband read the Hobbit to my kids every night when they were preteens. I listened too from my rest spot but I've never read even one page to myself.
Each of these pieces of artwork are tickling my interest in reading it or maybe asking my sweet husband to read it out loud to me!

This is a huge project! I admire you for taking it on.

Atelier Conti said...

I'm really enjoying your posts and imagery and of course revisiting the Hobbit through your daily quotes. What a cool project!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you both for your comments! I'd love to have The Hobbit read to me, that would be lovely.