Wednesday, January 18, 2012

There and Back again, Page 1

Page 1
From "There and Back again, An Illustration Project of The Hobbit"

Page 1 - "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...It had a perfect round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the fact middle."


Pencil, acrylic gouache, collage on paper.

So excited to start posting these!  Each time I do, I'll include a link back to the introduction post and also include the inspiration from each page I used (a word, phrase, etc.).

2 comments:

Atelier Conti said...

This is a wonderful project Elizabeth. It will be such fun to follow your progress throughout the year. This year I have my own artistic project involving drawing everyday but next year I may feel ready to take something like this on for my own favorite book. Such a fun meditation for one thing!

Elizabeth said...

Drawing everyday sounds like a very big project itself. Like I said, I don't think I'm up for something I do everyday, inevitably I'd find reasons not to. I loved the idea of illustrating the book and I'm so thankful I heard that interview on NPR. Like it was meant to be. :)