Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration

We received a couple more inspiring books for Christmas.  I say "we" because my daughter actually received one of them and I'll have to borrow and drool over the pages.

The first is this Mammals of North America which should give me some great references for my drawings and paintings:


I wanted great images of animals and it turned out this had some wonderful illustrations and photographs, including some fascinating skulls (I tried to include photographs but it is quite glossy and it is a sunny day, not a good photo combination).

And here is what I'm jealously coveting of my daughter's:


The Dictionary of Ordinary Extraordinary Animals by Lisa McGuinness and Leslie Jonah and illustrated by the super talented Lisa Congdon (which is why I made sure this book was on my daughter's wish list).

Check these out:






So cool!  Lisa has even been selling some of the originals from this book in her Etsy shop.

1 comment:

Carole said...

I'm green with envy of your daughter's book! I'll check out Lisa's Etsy shop. Thanks.