Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Illustration Loot

I don't know about you, but the holidays wiped me out.  Which is why I've been so quiet here.  Hoping to get back to business as usual, but I'm still a little tired so we'll see how that goes.

Thought I'd share with you a couple of books I got for Christmas and I'm pretty excited about them.  As I know very little about illustration and how it all works, I am so pleased to get these:


The Fundamentals of Illustration by Lawrence Zeegan/Crush.  In addition to lots of information, it has some amazing illustrations.

And:


How to Be an Illustrator by Darrel Rees

I've only just begun to study both, but they look to be very helpful.

Tomorrow, I have a couple more books more along the inspiration side.  One was actually a present for my daughter, but I secretly wish it was mine!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi, I love the title of this posting! Have fun studying these fab looking books. I hope your energy returns quickly for you.

Elizabeth Bauman said...

Me too, thanks Carole!