Monday, January 30, 2012

100 Artists Show at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery


I'm so excited to be a part of the last 100 Artists Show at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, Oregon.  The idea of the show was to send a letter to another artist and they to send one to you.  And each artist was to then create a piece of art inspired in some way by the letter.  You can read a more in depth explanation and see the amazing pieces of art in the show here.  For the art, just scroll down past the text.  And if you can, come visit the show.  It opens tomorrow and will run through the end of February.  The art is not for sale in the traditional manner but there will be a silent auction for each piece running throughout the month.  This is my favorite show at the gallery, for years I hoped and dreamed of being a part of it and am so thrilled that this is my second one.

Here is my piece, inspired by a letter from Anna Magruder:

"It was at that moment she started thinking bigger"
Acrylic gouache, pencil, paper, and collage on 6 x 8 inch panel.

3 comments:

Gracey said...

I love your artwork! :)

Carole said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! A dream come true for you. I love your piece. Off to see the amazing pieces in the show. Bye!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Gracey!

Thanks Carole, so glad you are going to look at the show. It is quite wonderful!