Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Inspiring


I found this inspiring piece in a book I recently acquired from my local used/new book store called American Anthem Masterworks from the American Folk Art Museum.  Love this book, folk art is so inspiring to me for many reasons.

This particular piece jumped out at me because of the gorgeous color.  It is called "Three Faces in Lush Landscape" by Minnie Evans and is oil on canvas with collage and is dated 1959.  You can read more about Minnie Evans here.  Her life sounds challenging and fascinating.

I will likely be sharing more from this book in the future and I hope you enjoy it.  Every page is filled with amazing American folk art and designs.  I can't seem to get enough of them!

2 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Elizabeth, I've checked this out of my library too~
Fascinating reading and wonderful images.

Carole said...

I love the colours and faces too. There is something really precious about the colours used in the late 50's and early 60's.