Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Studio!


I'm thrilled to finally share my new studio corner.  Let me take you on a tour:












Table made by my Dad, thank you!  And the chair, shelves, and magnetic bulletin board from Ikea, installed by my husband, thank you!  I'm going to use that bulletin board for inspiration and ideas but for now it has some artwork up of just a few of a my favorite artists.  Nearly complete, still deciding where to put things (but I had to make it pretty for now of course!) and also I have a curtain to sew for that window (in part to protect the blind from paint spray but also because I wanted to) with this material from Ikea:






It will require me to finally figure out how to use my new sewing machine but I swear it will be done.

Hope I didn't overwhelm you but so excited to share.  Happy happy!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Wow it turned out fabulously! IKEA has some innovative products for studios. I love the fabric. Good luck with the sewing machine.

Elizabeth Bauman said...

Thanks Carole! Yes, Ikea is a wonderful resource. I have my eyes on a storage cabinet from there to slide under the desk. And a light to sit on one of the shelves. And... :)

vivienne strauss said...

Your space looks fantastic!!! I really am liking your ceramic bulldog collection too :) I'll keep my eyes open for some more :)

Elizabeth Bauman said...

Thanks Vivienne. I have your ceramic poodle collection to thank for my French bulldogs. :)