Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inspiration: Scandinavian Patterns


I picked up a book at my local used, and new, bookstore (The Book Bin) called Designer's Guide to Scandinavian Patterns.  I love Scandinavian things, I must have Viking in my blood somewhere (I'm almost all Northern European so the odds are good I'd say that at least one got in).  Tomorrow I will share the other inspiration for why I picked up a book particularly about patterns.

Meanwhile, a few pictures from the book (had to use my camera for these so excuse the quality):





I tried out a few patterns in my sketchbook:


My favorites:



Especially that last one.  For whatever reason, I'm suddenly in the mood for colors like hot pink, orange, etc.  

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hot pink and orange are great colours for grey days of the Pacific Northwest!

Elizabeth Bauman said...

I suspect the weather has a lot to do with.