Saturday, October 1, 2011

Show and a painting

Upcoming show at Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, Oregon.  Last year I participated in Face the Public in which 12 artists painted one section each of a Frida Kahlo painting and this year I get to do it again.  This time we are painting Diego Rivera's painting "The Flower Carrier".  You can read more about the show here.  If you are in the area, stop in for the reception on October 5th from 5-7pm, or on the afternoon  of October 13th when I'll be painting my section, or towards the end of the month to see the completed painting.  It is a fun project and the proceeds of the sale of these paintings go to help artists in need.

I will be practicing my section (which is basically a square around the man's head) and expect I will do a post here to share my progress and additionally I hope to share more about my afternoon of painting at the gallery either here and/or on my other blog.

Also at the show, each of the participating artists will have some of their own work up and my two newest paintings will be there (that last one I shared a detail of in my last post):

"When the snow fell" Acrylic on 10 x 10 inch panel.

"With the last tree but a memory" Acrylic gouache on 9 x 12 inch panel.
My new acrylic gouache paint has arrived and I'm excited to get started on the next piece.  New colors!  Love new colors.

I will probably duplicate some of this post at my other blog so please excuse the redundancy if you follow both.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Yummy....new colours!
Have fun painting!

Eleanor McCaughey said...

great work!