Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here and there

A couple of things to share today.  Last week I spent the afternoon painting at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery on a collaboration piece.  You can see several photos of my progress at their blog.  I'm hoping to get back down there to take some photos when the painting is done (sadly I forgot my own camera on the day of my painting).  Also check out the other blog entries for the other artists and there will be more to come.  I had a lot of fun working down there for the day, they are so nice!  I had hoped to finish my square early but alas, I was there to the bitter end.  But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

My second bit of news today is an interview I had with Creative Catalyst Productions.  You can read it here.


2 comments:

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Elizabeth, I enjoyed reading the interview and seeing your paintings together on that page. I think your portraits have a serious and tranquil feeling.

Have you heard of Alice Neel? you might like her work. There is a film available on Netflix about her. I do like your surreal work and the spots of color draws in the viewer.

Lorraine

Elizabeth Bauman said...

Thank you Lorraine! And I'm so glad you like the surreal work I've been doing.

I had not heard of Alice Neel and so I just checked out her website and her work is amazing! I will have to spend some time looking more closely and checking out the film. Thank you so much for the recommendation!