Friday, June 10, 2011

Still here!

Wow, I didn't realize just how long it has been since my last update.  I admit I haven't been much in the mood for being on the computer and kept putting off a post.  I suspect it is the nice weather we are finally getting.  So let me update what I've been up to lately.

I have finished three paintings from the Lord and Schryver series I've been working on.  I wish I was further along but I got sidetracked working on some new, larger portraits.  Larger than my little ones anyway.  Here is one in progress:


I have three of these finished (including now this one) and one more I hope to finish over the weekend.  Then, other than one small project for an upcoming group show of sorts (more about that later) I am committed to finishing the L&S paintings.  I keep thinking I'll post the completed ones here before the others are finished but then I change my mind.  I think I want to share them all together.  Which probably means I should wait. 

That is about it.  I hope to share more about that upcoming group show perhaps in a week or so, the details are still being decided but it looks like it will be interesting.  Part of my preparation is to make two pieces which will be placed in a book along with the other participating artists.  The theme, for lack of a better word, is Permanent/Temporary.  So one piece for permanent and one for temporary.  No clue yet what I'm going to do but I'll have to decide soon as it is due by the end of the month. 

I'll try to stop in here a little more often despite the nice weather.  Until next time!

No comments: