Monday, April 25, 2011

This and that

I've been thinking a lot about where my art is going now, particularly after my retreat.  The last few days I've been working on some new little portraits but dreaming of other things.  It is not that I don't like painting people anymore.  I'm just wanting to work on other things.

Like this:


from my Lord and Schryver series, very much still in progress.  I'm trying to decide right now how much to separate the different bodies of work on places like my website (people inspired verses Northwest inspired work).  Tricky to know how much to split the two.  I'm so excited about the new work!  Just can't wait to finish a few pieces, see where they end up.

Meanwhile, received some new supplies in the mail including a new Sta-Wet Palette for my acrylics:


It keeps the paint wet longer, a good thing as I'm frequently interrupted.  And one nice thing about my little studio corner is the view:


Many flowers to come and lots of wildlife viewing (though at this moment it was raining...again...).  Nice big north facing window, the light is fantastic.  Even on a day like today.

2 comments:

Laura said...

i can see the enthusiasm in the new work...such a great place to be. beautiful.

Elizabeth Bauman said...

Thank you Laura! I am having fun right now, though it has its scary moments as well (not knowing how it will all work out).